Drop A Beat, Giuseppe! Drop A Beat, Giuseppe!

funny, addictive, creative... man I love what you did here. U got my 5

Sideways Sideways

hahaha

There was a major glitch, I didn't know what was going on and ended up skipping the levels at its own will... in the end, I "earned" a trophy and beat the game in less than 11 seconds...

Great game man.

Inculcation Inculcation

indeed....

I found a round cylinder object inside the vending machine, what are the chances... in fact, what are the chances any of the items make any sense being there? Oh right... epic "hallucinating" fail.

The game was dark and I ended up pressing the "tab" key to highlight what I missed out on. Shame that I'd pay $10 for a point n click system and still find easy to fix bugs like that. :(

Small things like a broken key and super glue to fix it are simply irrelevant tactics to stall for time to make the game seem "bigger", when I think you can mix items around a bit. Rather than finding one item and using it in the same scene in a linear process, you can mix it up, so that one item you find in the beginning can be kept and used for closer to the end or later on... It would make more sense to find a clock piece in the old pile of junk at the first house, rather than in some friggen slot machine... random fail, it's one gigantic easter egg hunt.

I could not understand your walkthrough. Examples like "Go to the door at the far right" .... which right are we talking here? The right on screen? Or the right at the useless map? I can't even see a door at the right... thumbnails are a big help. And rather than explaining what roman numerals are etc etc, for the less diligent that are using the walkthrough just want the damn code.

The quote on the two beasts colliding to open a gate to hell was pretty dumb. Like, it's a really dumb quote man. You had some pretty good ideas for the plot twist that seemed convincing too. With a brain like yours, you're up for some better potential.

There's some debate, but overall people find this review helpful
Ransom responds:

Hello!
The tab bug has already been mentioned so I've fixed that for anyone that buys the engine :)

This is my first real game I've ever made so it was mostly a learning experience for me. I'm new to the world of Actionscript. This is actually the reason I didn't allow backtracking throughout the entire game - I wasn't comfortable coding for such a large number of variables. On my next project I'll be sure to expand these sorts of ideas.

Thanks for the review, I'm sorry you weren't impressed with the storyline. I quite liked it myself. :)

Griswold the Goblin 2 CH1 Griswold the Goblin 2 CH1

zomgzomg

I had a feeling the game was a bit shorter than ur prev games. The 9.7 mb doesn't make much sense unless you left all sounds as mp3's rather than wavs.

10's everywhere nuf sed.

Phantasmagor responds:

Theres tonnes of audio in the game... All the voice tracks, about 7 different songs, the intro movie with the 3d imported .mov file bumps up the file a lot. I thought i did pretty well with compression lol. Aside from that thanks for the review :D

Snake 3000 Snake 3000

Music!

ahaha good job, I didn't expect the music to be used already. Thanks :D

Yeah I know I'm being biased, but its like the first time someones using my music :D kudos brotha!

Patrick.

Gohan139 responds:

Your music is awesome man:D

Anika's Odyssey Anika's Odyssey

Cool game. Glitch found however.

Love it. Theres just one thing that got me confusing, and I don't believe the game testers at the end credits did a good job. At the very end, I grab the bucket and fill it with water, but I dont pick the bucket up, I just leave it there and knock on the door, and hey presto, another bucket pops up from her behind...

regardless to say, I like the concept. Well done.
P.

Five 'til Five 'til

Well done.

Well for me personally I lost quite a bit :) But it kept me entertained to the end.

Song was repetitive, nice concept though. Love your style, you are sort of developing your own brand here, a "what to expect" from jmb02, fantastic.

keep things up!
-Patrick

Hewitt Hewitt

a well deserved 10!

Now, me being the beta tester and all, I shall say it's about FREAKING time!

Congrats Mr G and Mr C.

10- Graphics: Perfectly executed. This is 2d console quality.
9 - Style: With great graphics, comes great style, I like your style Lil g. Welldone
9 - Sound: fits perfectly well with the genre and theme of the game.
10 - Violence: coz here was none :)
10 - Interactivity: Coz I make these type of games :) Except Caspers a way better scripter, so by all means, a 10 u deserve.
8 - Humor: Great characteristics, welldone!

Overall, A great concept and storyline. 1 year to make? well, thats... not really reasonable, I spose most of it was slacking off.
An excellent addition to the griswold goblin game.

And what the?? a current SCORE OF 4.01. Newgrounds users are so screwed up, yeah, that's right! I SAID YOU'RE ALL SCREWED UP! I will vote so this game can get a daily.

Patrick

LiLg responds:

Patrick,
Thanks for testing the game during the beta days. I would love for this to get a daily first. I've never had one before and I thought for sure this would be my first. I'm glad ya liked it!

UFOMania UFOMania

Addictive

can I say it again? Addictive.

As for those who think this game has not enugh colour, or it's bugged, I believe the colour was appropriate, and for a simple game, after I finished it, I still wanted to play it for some reason. Well done.

Paths 2 Paths 2

cool

Good game dude, I'm spewing though, really, I am, but fairs fair :) well done on your friggen 2 day job!!! =D

kidding, and I hope we can collaberate some day.
Patrick.